Sunday, April 29, 2012

SPOTLIGHT: The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova

Hey readers! More material for posts are starting to crop up, as well as books release dates, so the blog will start getting updated more often now.

Today, we're talking about the Vicious Deep, which is being released this Tuesday, May 1st!The Vicious Deep

Here's the link to the Goodreads page: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/12246929-the-vicious-deep

One thing that really sticks out to me about this book is that it has a male narrator, an un-usual situation in the mer-world. The only other mer-book I can think of where the main character narration is male has to be Anne Greenwood Brown's Lies Beneath, which is also slated for release this year, and has some good reviews.
I'm also looking forward to the Coney Island setting. I've never been anywhere near New York but every photo, movie scene, or book description of it is vivid and exciting.
The cover is also in the theme with the new Monstrous Beauty one, surprisingly gender neutral. Like Monstrous Beauty, it also had a more girly cover before making the switch. I do like this one however.


Are you guys looking forward to this one? I know I am!

-Randi



2 comments:

  1. looking 4ward/ freaking exited to read it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I preferred the last cover. The woman on it looked very deadly. :) I can't wait to read this one though.

    ReplyDelete